This event is in the past.
Pigeon Lake Provincial Park Day Use Area (Map & Directions at bottom)
The Love the Lake Family Day is filled with fun family activities about nature and the lake with some of our Healthy Lake Partners.
FUN Learning Activities, Prizes & Neat Stuff!
· Meet a LIVE OWL and learn about raptors
Watch a LIVE Bird banding
· Make a home for those who fly by paint and take home a bird house or bat box with the LIONS Club
· PLAY ANIMAL JEOPARDY with Alberta Parks wildlife expert
· Create your fav 3D Pigeon Lake CRITTER
· SHORT Nature WALKs at 11 am, Noon or 1pm with the Wildbird General Store
· Hear a NATURE with the well-known local story teller Jennie
· Talk Mobile apps to learn about nature with Michael
Test your knowledge on a REALLY Big Game Board with Cows & Fish
WATER & WATERSHED:
· See and learn to test the WATER QUALITY & sample AQUATIC BUGS with the AB Lake Management Society!
· PLAY the Aquatic Invasive Species Game and Inspect a toy boat with AB’s Respect Our Lakes
· Watch the different WATERSHED DEMOs with Trout Unlimited and Nature Alberta
Join the Experts!
From 771 turn towards lake down the Township Road 470 into the Provincial Park and ask at the gate for the Day Use Area though signs will also mark the way!
Hope your family joins us!
Email the PLWA Program Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org
or Elynne Murray can be reached at email@example.com or 780-937-6338